The sponge absorbs dust and food remains while you clean the surfaces in your home. However you need to know that during this cleaning your sponge can also absorb bacteria. At this point it is very important for you to know that sponges are the most contaminated objects in your home. Namely they contain over 450,000 micro-organisms and bacteria.

These bacteria contribute to the spread of viruses that can eventually lead to colds and flu and many other dangerous diseases. To avoid these risks, all you need to do is follow these tips. When you are done cleaning with the dish sponge, wash it nicely and soak it in very hot water in order to kill all the harmful bacteria that are absorbed in the sponge.

However you need to know that if the sponge smells awful, immediately throw it away because it cannot be cleaned.

What's Popular Now